TRADITIONAL HEALING METHODS:
Once you leave our shop the aftercare of your tattoo is solely up to you. Your tattoo will age, but you decide how fast. I HIGHLY recommend Sorry Mom Tattoo Balm and Tattoo Film for healing. You can order HERE.
Our suggested tattoo aftercare instructions:
- Remove the bandage wrapping after a few hours.
- Wash your tattoo with Sorry Mom Foaming Cleanser or a mild fragrance free soap and use warm water. Be sure to remove all plasma and excess ink.
- Gently pat dry with a clean paper towel. Never rub dry a healing tattoo.
- Apply a THIN layer of Sorry Mom Tattoo Balm.
- Using a paper towel, blot off ALL excess a ointment. Your new tattoo shouldn't look wet with the ointment. For the next 10-15 minutes plasma will seep out of the tattoo. Continue to pat dry until the seeping stops.
- For the first 3 nights, at night only, wash your tattoo and pat dry. Re-wrap in plastic wrap WITHOUT ointment. When you wake up, wash your tattoo again and follow the above instructions. DO NOT continue to wrap your tattoo during the daytime, or after the first 3 nights.
- Apply the Sorry Mom Tattoo Balm 2-3 times a day, with clean hands. Continue the ointment process until the tattoo has finished peeling. From there, switch to using the Sorry Mom Tattoo Lotion.
- For at least the first month keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight.
- Do not applies sunscreen until tattoo has finished peeling fully.
Your tattoo should peel after one week and fully heal after two weeks if you follow these instructions.
SORRY MOM TATTOO FILM METHOD:
- Use soap to clean your hands, and then your new tattoo. Pat dry, making sure to remove any excess soap or other residue.
- Cut the film to cover the whole tattoo, with a surrounding 1-2” margin. Peel off back of film, and apply gently to skin. Apply light pressure, working from the center outwards; take care to avoid air bubbles beneath the film.
- Replace the film after 24 hours, following the same procedure. This piece will stay on for 4-5 days. It is normal to have fluid built up under the film. If fluid leaks from your film, patch it with a small piece of film, or remove the film entirely and proceed healing with Sorry Mom Tattoo Balm.
- DO NOT wear film for longer than 4-5 days.
- Gently peel Sorry Mom Tattoo Film from one corner, pulling parallel to the plane of your body. Do not pull upwards. Warm water will aid removal of a strong adhesive bond.
- Your tattoo will be very dry for the next few days and possibly peel after removing the film so make sure to use sorry mom tattoo balm or lotion to keep it moisturized.
Some people can have a reaction to the adhesive. It's not common but if this happens simply remove the film and use the traditional healing method listed above.
Consult a medical professional if any signs or symptoms continue to develop such as redness at the site, green/yellow discharge accompanied by a bad smell, and/or fever.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call us.
Philadelphia: email@example.com / (267) 319-1910
Asheville: firstname.lastname@example.org / (828) 254-4429
Seven Swords Tattoo Company guarantees your tattoo if you use the aftercare products we suggest. Sorry Mom Tattoo Aftercare products are the best in the industry and endorsed by many world renowned artists, including Myke Chambers.
If you're unable to purchase your aftercare products in the shop, you can order them here.